Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We're All in This Together

Greetings and welcome to the ICC Teacher Blog!

We are all very excited about this page and hope you will come and visit it often. Our goal is to not only have a better dialogue with you as an individual, but a better dialogue between all of the music teachers in the greater Indianapolis area!
I also want to introduce myself to you. My name is Josh Pedde and I am one of the Associate Directors here at the ICC. I am also an elementary teacher at Stonegate Elementary in Zionsville. I have been with ICC for eight years, and have enjoyed all of my time with the organization. My new position at the ICC is to chair the Teacher Advisory Board, a panel made up of representatives from area school corporations.

This page is the product of that board! I have titled this blog, "We're All in this Together," and I have to admit I took this theme from Cynthia Bradford, the Artistic Director Emeritus from the Southlake Children's Choir. Why this title? Because we are all music teachers and we all want the same thing, to help improve the lives of children through music! No matter if you have singers in the ICC or not, we want to hear from you! We will discuss a variety of topics on this blog - everything from advocacy, classroom management, teaching tips, standards, and much more!!

We all have different ideas and they are all very valuable to us at the ICC and to your teaching colleagues in the area! We look forward to hearing from you.

Enjoy the blog!

Josh Pedde

2 comments:

  1. Hi Josh! Thanks for doing this - it will be great! I do have a question - how do I vote on the topic? I can't seem to find the place to click - hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually Ellen Krug. My AIM name is based on my maiden name :). It's great to see a start to this blog, and I look forward to seeing more in the future.

    ReplyDelete